Compounding to Coding

In this unit of Computer Science, we dove deeper into Python and the programming language. We were able to take the skills that we learned from unit one, and really apply our knowledge of coding to websites like trinket.io and Codeskulptor. By doing so we were able to practice and get a better understanding of how to use coding and the importance it carries. Using these techniques were especially important and useful for our action project. For this unit's action project, we were proposed to create a Python code calculator, focused on a math concept that we have gone over in our Economics class. I chose to code compounding interest for users to have an easier and quicker time when compounding interest. We then were assigned to produce a letter, conducting questions that would be able to be used in our current Journalism class. This specific letter is directed to an alderman or representative. It's used in a "Madlibs" style for students to have a smoother time conducting and formatting it. This is how both of my codes turned out on trinket.io!

Compounding Interest - 

   

Madlibs Letter to Alderman/Representative - 

 

Overall, I was able to learn how to use coding on a more worldly basis and learned how it can help others. It was very interesting and fun to incorporate our two core classes into the mix, Economics, and Journalism. I found that being able to make these concepts that I've learned and taken time with into something simpler or less complex for others was super cool to see! The process of coding these two Python codes was both challenging but a good mind test/teaser to do. I found myself being stumped on one part of it but then being able to navigate myself around. I think both of these codes can really be useful. Both of these concepts of compounding interest and formatting a letter could be challenging in different ways, so with codes, these are kind of like mini life hacks to do it easily. This action project was super fun to do. It has got me thinking of what I would be able to do with coding, and how I will be able to implement it in my future career and businesses!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beaver And Raccoon

Refined Apparel

Diddley Bowie