R O M A N A R T

For this independent study, I was able to spend some time on something that I’ve been wanting to do for the longest time, which is being able to finally sell my art. My first goal was to be able to share my art and work as a young artist, which is what I would usually see artists do a lot on social media, online shops, etc. But as I was able to finally start with an art shop business. I wanted it not to be only me just selling my artwork. When going into this I hadn’t even thought about that aspect, and opinions on doing something like this. That’s why I wanted to create, R O M A N A R T. By creating my own brand, I don’t just want to be able to sell my work on various amounts of merchandise, but I want to be able to create a community and relationships through this outlet that I am creating. I want to be able to share my work that will inspire creators of all ages to start creating! I personally consider the word creator as a totally diverse and universal term that everyone has the title of. I want to produce a community of creators to establish communication, relationships, and motivation when creating. Through R O M A N A R T, I want viewers to not be afraid to create and express who they are. Whether you involve your cultural, religious, personal backgrounds, etc. I know that with creating this community/brand I personally would be able to share my culture, art, and creativity.

Throughout the process of creating R O M A N A R T, it has been a very long and difficult one, especially creating one through a current pandemic! But when first starting out I wanted to make sure I included different levels of products to choose from that are accessible to all groups of people. I wanted to make various amounts of merchandise such as prints/posters, t-shirts, buttons, and stickers. When it came to the designs that I chose to include I wanted to make sure I was able to demonstrate my style, and also have meaningful pieces in this collection as well. When consistently creating and deciding, it became a very difficult time for me to finally be satisfied with the work I created to eventually put out there. Throughout this time, I was also trying to figure out the best resources to get products produced, but I am glad that I was picky onto where I chose to get my art printed because I wanted to guarantee the quality and experience to the viewer or consumer. Since the process of creating merchandise was over , I needed to document my work and get it on a platform. At the very end of the last term, I held a photoshoot specifically for the t-shirts that were produced. Since this is a Chicago based brand, I decided to go to the downtown area of Chicago. I didn’t want to have a very common Chicago feel to the photos but wanted the viewer to get a sense of what the environment looks like. It was a great experience to work on and lead a photoshoot with a group of people - some who I knew and some I didn't. Through this photoshoot, I was able to learn from others’ ideas and perspectives, learn about different people around the city of Chicago, and also step out of my comfort zone.


I then wanted to focus on where I would be putting my item on for consumers to locate. At first, I was very open and interested in using different platforms, but I learned how difficult it is with not being eighteen. I found myself not being able to sell on certain platforms because of my age. The search for a resource to post my items was a bit difficult, but I was finally able to find a platform that is easily accessible and easy to use: Big Cartel! When designing my shop I wanted to be able to share a certain mood and tone to the site, which I did! I also included descriptions and details of the meaning and experience when creating each art piece. By doing so, I didn't just want individuals to support this brand because of the products, but I also want them to support because of the meaning behind the work and the meaning behind the whole brand. I wanted to have the viewers feel connected, have a personal connection, feel inspired, and to relate to the art piece as well. Here is my shop!


At the beginning of the third term, I started my independent study where I first started to lay out my plan and pieces that I wanted to include which was the logo and brand name. Before creating this brand, I already had my art account on Instagram and Facebook, which had the name R O M A N A R T. I came up with this name because I didn’t want to personally use my name to have the attention be on me as the producer or artist. Of course, I want those to know my personal connection with the art I create and know who I am as an individual, but that’s not the point or reasoning of why I am doing this. I included my last name into the name of the brand, but didn’t want to make the name based on myself. I then already had my logo design completed as well too. Surprisingly I had created my logo in 2017, I finally was able to solidify it and finalize in 2019. I speak about my logo image on my site and the full story of it when first creating it.

I am fortunate and excited to finally start out this idea and finally bring it to life! It can either be successful or not, but whichever it is I would forever be grateful for this opportunity. No time would have been wasted at all. Through this experience, I was able to learn so much and am ecstatic to continue learning through this journey. I would love to be able to connect with diverse artists with different stories and backgrounds that I would be able to learn about through this experience, and to inspire/motivate others to not be ashamed of who they are within their inner creators!

Please go and check out R O M A N A R T! 
Shop! - R O M A N A R T Shop!
Instagram - R O M A N A R T Instagram
Facebook - R O M A N A R T Facebook

R O M A N A R T Promo Videos!:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beaver And Raccoon

Refined Apparel

Diddley Bowie