The Journey Of Writing

Day 1-
In the class of Writer's Toolbox, we have been talking about different types of poetry and the styles you can use to express yourself or send across a message. We have been diving into different poets and the techniques and strategies they use when writing. In Writer's Toolbox, we are usually able to freely write and find ways we can improve our writing, so we are able to become better writers. For this action project, we are choosing a piece of our work and we will be revising it day by day. As go on with this process we will be going back to what we have learned like grammar skills and writers/poets that we can be inspired by.
SR.OriginalPic.2018

1) When I started writing this piece I was in class. I believe there was a French song on, and the prompt we had was to pick one thing that we can have in the world. As I was writing I was just trying to brainstorm things that I wish existed and I knew couldn't ever exist.

2) When I look back at my work I noticed that I didn't put a type of sentence down. Looking back, I was mostly just free writing, and not really caring what I was putting on the page. When reading it again it sounds like I am just answering someone's question or talking to someone as if I was having a conversation.

3) A theme I have noticed was a constant sequence of a list, and also a theme of fantasy and imagination.

4) My intentions for this piece is to make more sense and take a different turn. I also want to make it into more of a story to entertain someone and make to make it something engaging for the audience to read; so they are able to use their imagination to extend that thought.

Day 2- 
This is Day two of the Life Cycle. I am now editing my piece into something different. Two methods that I will be using is "Food." I am going to be beefing my writing into something bigger than what it is right now. One other method I will be using is "To be shot into outer space." I want to have a different turn with my writing, and direct it into more of a story; into a different sense of feel and emotion. I am planning on putting this piece of writing into a poetry form.

Not goblins, ghouls, or witches,
but something that can give you the itches.
Something that may be unseen,
but you know where it's been.
A creature where they follow.
With their souls that are almost hollow.
Taking each tiny breath.
As they seem to have the eyes of death,
but you can see they are fragile and warm.
Your soul sinks into theirs as both transforms.
Two turns to one.
Just like the Moon and the Sun.
The depths rise up.
Into something that's at the top of the cup.
Not half full, but totally at the brim.

Day 3-
It is day three, and we are revising our revisions with a partner. I spoke to two people to get their opinions on my work. I wanted to get at least more than one perspective. I want to change up my piece because I feel like it is very vague and I want the readers to have a certain feeling when they are ready this poem/ story. I have a certain idea in my head and want to bring it to life so others can have that same or just a similar idea and image in their heads.

The Feedback-
When my partner gave me feedback they told me about grammar and to make sure I'm careful while writing because I tend to continue writing and not go back to look over it. They said that they noticed the theme is creepy and dark. They also mentioned that I have a lot of end rhymes and I intended to do that, so the readers would have smooth flow when reading. The two suggestions they gave me is to have a clear theme of what I am talking about. One last suggestion is to have clear writing.

Day 4-
I decided to to use both of the suggestions form my partner which was: "For the beginning of your poem have a clear theme of who you are talking about." and they also said: "Make writing more clear."

Final Draft-

Something like the unlikely.
Not goblins, ghouls, or witches,
but something that can give you the itches.
Something that maybe unseen,
but you know where it been.
A creature where they follow;
With their souls that are almost hollow.
Taking each tiny breath
As they seem to have beady eyes of death.
With a grin that reaches from ear to ear,
and teeth that can interfere.
From the way their eyes turn
into something that can burn.
But you can see they are fragile and warm.
Your soul sinks in their as both transforms.
Two turns to one.
Just like the Moon and the Sun.
The depths rise up
into something that's at the top of the cup.
Not half full, but totally at the brim.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beaver And Raccoon

Refined Apparel

Diddley Bowie