Trust Me I'm A Doctor

Unfortunately, this is the final unit of our STEAM class, Cure. Throughout this unit, we learned how to prevent diseases before being diagnosed with them. We briefly learned about probability and the ways it can affect the possibility of getting a disease or illness. In class, we created a family tree by talking to our parents or any family members about our history of diseases or a common disease that may run in the family. For example, diabetes, heart failure, cancer, Alzheimer's, etc. I found this activity interesting because I have never really thought or even looked into the diseases that are passed down in the family or any diseases that have occurred in the family. For this action project, we created a patient profile where we played doctor and patient. We had the option to either create a fictional patient or a real patient. For the profile, we had to create a medical history for the patient and list the risk assessments, nutrition recommendations, lifestyle advice, etc. For my patient, they have the risk of being diagnosed with diabetes and low blood pressure because of their familial risk.

MaxPixel."Health/Medical".Unknown


Overall, I really enjoyed this last unit of Cure. With this last action project, I noticed that it doesn't just include what we have learned in this unit but also past units. When conducting my research for my patient profile I found myself already knowing a few things like the treatments that can be used and information on what diabetes is and the things someone can do to avoid it. Even though this was a pretty fast action project, I believe I was still able to learn new things and relate it to other things I have learned in our past class, Disease. The class, Cure was a very interesting one. I really like how we made a smooth transition from Disease to Cure. I think that by taking this class it inspired me to keep on learning and doing my own research.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beaver And Raccoon

Refined Apparel

Diddley Bowie